Food for Fines returns to the library for the month of May 2019
If you’ve got overdue library materials at home, now’s the time to round them up. During Food for Fines month you can make your fines disappear while you help stock the shelves of local food bank.
Here’s how it works:
- Bring non-expired, non-perishable food items to donate at the circulation desk of the Clearwater Public Library.
- For each item you donate, $1 of your library fines for overdue materials will be forgiven.
- Fines can only be forgiven on overdue materials that have been returned, so make sure you’ve looked under the bed for stray books and movies first! You can also log in to your online library account or ask staff at the library if you’re not sure which materials you currently have checked out or whether you have a fine.
- Sorry, but Food for Fines credit cannot be applied toward fees for items that have been lost or damaged or hotspot fees.
- All donations collected during Food for Fines will be donated to our local food bank.